21 March, 2006

Tel Aviv


We just arrived this afternoon around 3:00 and between getting through customs, traveling to the hotel, eating dinner and being fairly wiped out I really haven’t seen much of the city yet. But I will say that my first impression of the Holy Land is this: it is green! I really wasn’t expecting that. I thought it would be a lot of sand and wasteland with the occasional burning bush scattered about. But, and maybe this is just Tel Aviv, it is full of green trees, fruit orchards and field after field of corn. It really is the land of milk and honey.

Update: I've changed the picture to one I took of the valley of Megiddo. Now you can see what I mean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brent,

Have a great time and blog furiously for those of us trapped in our homes and offices.

Darrin

Anonymous said...

Green! That is a surprise. By the way, what is pictured on the blog?