17 July, 2006

Update on Mom

I normally use this site to share my reflections on life experiences rather than just communicating information, but today this seems like the easiest medium to share with my readers.

Early this morning, my mom suffered a stroke that has affected the entire left side of her body. She is in the hospital and we are waiting to see what will need to happen next. She may recover some use on her left side, but there is no guarantee. The hard part about all of this is that it raises questions about extended care and advanced directives - things most folks in their 30's don't usually have to think about. It has been really good to do this with my brother. I am really grateful for him. And our neighbors and my girlfriend have been amazing. The Lord is kind to take care of us even in the midst of hardship. It is really hard to see mom deteriorate so quickly - we didn't expect this. Yet I trust that the Lord is with us, even in the valley of the shadow.

3 comments:

The Bearded said...

Know that there are many prayers being said for you, your mom, and your family.

Heather said...

Thinking of and praying for all of you - mom and family.
let us know if we can love you guys in any other ways.
We'll be right on it.

Unknown said...

Brent, I'm praying for you, your family, and your sweet mom. May you find rest in the arms of our God of all comfort.